Kooyong Votes Climate
We made climate number one in Kooyong - join our new working groups!
Kooyong people want action on climate, and our new working groups are pushing ahead with effective local and national campaigns. Check out our pages for these working groups: Stop Adani, Local Power and Climate Emergency.
Building power and numbers, support our kids
Greta Thunberg is inviting the world to go on climate strike!
Find out how you can help: Wednesday September 4th, 6-8pm, Hawthorn Library, 584 Glenferrie Rd, Hawthorn
Let's ramp this up! Wednesday, September 4th, 6-8pm
This is our chance to contribute to a critical global effort!
As Greta says 'the house is on fire' - let's join union, faith, industry and health sector allies to double our numbers to 300,000 in Australia.
Combined workshop: Monday 2nd September, 6-8.30pm, Hawthorn Library
Monthly All-In Training for our working groups, particularly focussed on turning out numbers for the global Climate Strike and building power with our dynamic recruitment event on Sep 4th: StopAdani; Local environment issues/Local Council; Energy Transition and Preparing for a Climate Emergency Declaration. Please support us on our Facebook Event page and RSVP to our KVC website Event page.
Jane Morton: Don't Mention the Emergency?
What a success! Climate Emergency Declaration plans and Extinction Rebellion Inner Eastern are underway.
As the earth heats up and tipping points pass, climate scientists are warning that we risk ecosystem collapse and human extinction.
- It's time to tell the truth about the danger we face
- It's time to declare a climate emergency
- It's time to rebel!
Go for Adani? NO - join our StopAdani working group to protect water, Country and our kids' future.
We can't let billionaire profits trump our kids' future - the Adani mine will devastate water, farming, irreversibly damage the Great Artesian Basin and worst of all, completely wreck one of the oldest living cultures on the planet.
This project just can't go ahead - we can't afford to unleash the fourth largest source of carbon the planet just because mining magnates have the measure of the electoral process.
Sign up today to join our powerful StopAdani Kooyong team
About the Kooyong Votes Climate Campaign
Kooyong Votes Climate extends a massive thanks to our 544 volunteers, including 300 of us who are new to climate campaigning.
Kooyong is no longer a safe Liberal seat.
Join our new working groups!
We would love you to volunteer for effective climate action!
Join us to contribute to forming and strengthening our new working groups.
- Local emission reduction and preparation to elect climate Councillors. Local government is a powerful place for strong climate action - increasing PV uptake, making our dwellings more efficient and comfortable, promoting low carbon transport and improving our parks and wetlands. Please visit and sign up on our Local Power page.
- Laying the groundwork for local Climate Emergency declarations. Time is short, but we can ramp up strong climate action. Now over 800 jurisdictions, including the ACT and 3 countries, have declared climate emergencies. Sign up on our Climate Emergency page.
- Join our powerful StopAdani Kooyong team as we ramp up our efforts to protect Australia from the threat of 29 billion tons of Galilee carbon. Sign up on our StopAdani page.
- Energy Transition. In our combined groups we have access to a great deal of renewables industry knowledge, and can help increase knowledge and shape the transition to clean energy. Projects including speaker training, industry liaison, forums, fact sheets and submissions. Please sign up on our Volunteer page.
It's time to put our kids first.
CLIMATE VOTER PLEDGE
Vote for strong climate action to protect your future and our kids
Together we can elect climate leaders to progress strong climate action.
Wondering where the parties and candidates stand on clean energy and climate action? Check out our easily digestible scorecard - including attitudes responses and Expert Panel raters on climate policy, speed of transition to a clean energy economy, protection of carbon stores (read forests and wetlands), climate and health, and protection from fiscal risk.
Your vote can help accelerate Australia’s transition to clean affordable energy, protect our climate and help keep our kids safe.
Take the pledge: I will take action and promise to use my vote to elect a representative who will lead on climate.
You are welcome to leave feedback for our non-partisan, community group based Kooyong Votes Climate campaign. Given the seriousness of the accelerating impacts from fossil fuel emissions, we very much appreciate your concern for our children's future and desire to protect the natural world that sustains us.